The Maybach Music Group rapper testified in front of the judge.
Meek Mill was found guilty of violating his probation when he appeared in court this afternoon (December 17), the Associated Press reports. The rapper was found to have violated his probation because of his travels and that he gave the court water instead of urine in a required drug test.
The judge delayed the sentencing until February 5, placed travel restrictions on the rapper and told Meek Mill that he cannot perform until the next court date.
Meek Mill is on probation stemming from 2008 gun charges. He also spent five months in jail last year for violating the probation.
The Maybach Music Group rapper testified that his "whole life is on the line."
Philadelphia journalist Bobby Allyn provides more quotes from Meek Mill via Twitter. In his testimony, the rapper says that his relationship with girlfriend Nicki Minaj has helped him improve his character.
"I walk around w/ Queen Nikki. Things are different now," Allyn writes, quoting Meek Mill. "I act different. I walk different. I can be the biggest rapper in the world."
He also discussed how Kenny Gamble, of iconic Philadelphia writing and production duo Gamble and Huff, has acted as a mentor to him. Gamble testified on Meek Mill's behalf earlier in the day.
"I never had any men sit down with me and have conversations with these types of things," the rapper says.
The judge delayed the sentencing until February 5, placed travel restrictions on the rapper and told Meek Mill that he cannot perform until the next court date.
Meek Mill is on probation stemming from 2008 gun charges. He also spent five months in jail last year for violating the probation.
The Maybach Music Group rapper testified that his "whole life is on the line."
Philadelphia journalist Bobby Allyn provides more quotes from Meek Mill via Twitter. In his testimony, the rapper says that his relationship with girlfriend Nicki Minaj has helped him improve his character.
"I walk around w/ Queen Nikki. Things are different now," Allyn writes, quoting Meek Mill. "I act different. I walk different. I can be the biggest rapper in the world."
He also discussed how Kenny Gamble, of iconic Philadelphia writing and production duo Gamble and Huff, has acted as a mentor to him. Gamble testified on Meek Mill's behalf earlier in the day.
"I never had any men sit down with me and have conversations with these types of things," the rapper says.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario